... non-violent, revolutionary, anarchist
American Xenophobia -- Make America Hate Again
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free ..." (Emma Lazarus)
- The population of American Indians was reduced by approximately 95%, and survivors were sent to reservations.
- The United States forcibly recruited African-American immigrants in chains.
- Anti-English sentiment contributed John Adams\' loss in the 1800 to the anti-English, pro-French candidate Thomas Jefferson.
- "Yellow Peril"...The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 stated that Chinese immigration would no longer be tolerated.
- In 1891, Italian Americans were murdered in New Orleans by a white mob after being acquitted of a shooting.
- German Americans were subjected to xenophobia during the two World Wars
- The Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Bhagat Singh Thind (1923) that Indians may not become U.S. citizens by immigration.
- Immigration quotas based on racial hierarchies formally passed in 1924 and remained in effect until 1965.
- During World War II over 100,000 Japanese Americans were imprisoned, and their farm lands ended up owned by corporations.
- In 2015, presidential candidates are competing to deport 11 million Latinos and deny entrance to all 1.6 billion Muslims in the world.